Institutional Development and Organizational Strengthening
Enhancing the research, training, and technology capacity of organisations
Charges comprise the following:
Local Expenses Fee:
- Non-Resident Accommodation: $75 – $175 (USD) *
- Single Occupancy Accommodation: $175 – $250 (USD) *
- Double Occupancy Accommodation: $165 – $235 (USD) *
* – varies depending on the venue and region
Covering: Full board and lodging, including refreshments, transport from and to the airport, social coordinators on site, computer and Internet facilities, medical insurance, registration fee, study tours and material.
The above does not cover airfare or tuition.
- $400 (USD)
We only process applications from candidates with the funding to cover the local expenses fee and air fare. We invite you to subscribe to our mailing list for updates on future opportunities, if you are currently unable to source this funding.
In this module, you learn about developing the capacity of your organisation, partnerships or networks for real performance improvements. In this unit ,you will be able to effectively answer these questions: Where do I start to develop the capacity of my organisation? What should be my priorities? What is the relation between what goes on inside my organisation and the external factors influencing it? What will really make a difference, leading to better performance?
None. This REPARED module provides a comprehensive and cohesive approach to resource mobilization, project planning and proposal writing regardless of background and level of experience.
Who Should Attend?
- Staff from international and local NGOs
- Staff whose roles involve developing proposals for fundraising
- Donor organisations
- Support organisations
- Civil society umbrella bodies
- Researchers and consultants
- Government institutions
- Small businesses
- Program/ Project coordinators
- Report Writers
- Religious organisations
- Anyone faced with challenges of raising resources for their organisation
What you'll learn?
The training will equip participants with skills in resource mobilization, business planning and proposal writing in order to promote their activities, services and benefits. The training seeks to build and enhance the capacity of participants to actively mobilize resources in order to meet the increasing challenges facing them and their institutions. It will help participants to gain an understanding of resource mobilization principles and practices. Participants will learn the time-tested principles that govern the resource mobilization process and fundamentals that lead to resource mobilization success.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Gain insight into the steps of a systematic process to define capacity development needs of your organisation
- Know how to link capacity development with concrete performance improvements
- Design a strategy for improving your organisational capacity using a variety of tools and methods
- Understand the essential conditions for strengthening your organisation and what drives change in your organisation
In addition to the world-class training, participants also receive:
- A comprehensive course workbook – which is yours to keep
- Supplemental materials incl. exercise files
- A personalized Certificate of Completion
- CEU (Continuing Education Unit) credits
- Post course telephone support
Overview of Non-profit Organisations’ management practices
NPO Capacity Profile – an OD tool
NPO’s Functional Systems
- Human Resources
- Financial Resources
- External Relations
Application of Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT)