Values and Principles
REPARED believes that:
- The human being is the essential basic element, target, and focus of the developmental process .
- Learning is a right, a human need, and a life-long continuous process.
- Community development means the right of people to identify their economic, social and cultural needs; humans are partners in the developmental process.
- Developmental programs must be based on the social, economic, political, and cultural needs and priorities of the local communities, and must take into consideration their aspirations, traditions and values; there is no one global developmental model.
- Development is a means to not only economic prosperity but also to human dignity, peace, justice, equal opportunity, and non-discrimination.
- Cooperating with the community is a learning process; all parties in it are equal; no party has a monopoly over knowledge.
- International donors must be partners within the developmental process, offering their support with no preconditions.
- The recognition of gender differences is an integral part of all our programs and activities.
- The woman is a basic partner in the developmental process; developing women's attitudes, skills, knowledge will ensure sustainable human development.
- Professionalism, transparency, credibility and accountability are among the most important elements for success and sustainability.
- Enhancing self-reliance and increasing independence at every level of our work are features of a leading institution.
- Commitment to team-work, collective participation, commitment, and cooperation.
Development Goals and Strategies
First Goal: Institutional Building and Development
To develop and enhance the capacities of the NGOs, CBOs, Government institutions and grassroots organisations to be able to fulfil their missions and goals so as to contribute to building a civil and democratic society based on political pluralism and respect of human rights through the implementation of the following developmental objectives:
- To develop African human resources with special focus on the NGOs staff and board members.
- To build up and strengthen the self-reliance, efficiency, professionalism, and effectiveness of NGOs, CBOs, Government institutions and grassroots organisations through the following strategies:
- Developing their infrastructures
- Developing their operation systems
- Providing them with the necessary equipment and tools
- Enhancing the level of coordination, networking, cooperation and complementary
- To contribute to self-reliance through creating income-generating projects and enhance their management level.
Second Goal: Social Development
To enhance community development and decrease poverty in rural and the most disadvantaged areas via the following strategies:
- To develop the inappropriate infrastructure.
- To implement projects that is labour intensive.
- To enhance youths' and women's competencies (skills, knowledge, and attitudes) necessary for the local labour market.
- To enhance cooperation and coordination with all stakeholders.
- To provide support and basic needs for the poorest in emergency situations.
- Agricultural production free from chemicals and pesticides.